On the web
- Writing report abstracts
- Useful handout for writing executive summaries from the Purdue University Online Writing
- Revision in business writing
- Helpful advice on redrafting reports to make your expression more concise and your
meaning clearer. Also from the Purdue University Online Writing Lab.
- The Elements of Style
- By William J. Strunk. Although written in 1918, Strunk's manual is still referred to by
many as a valuable resource on concise, readable style. Follow his advice and you
shouldn't go far wrong.
In the Language Resource Centre
- English for Business
- By Duncan Macintosh. Written for Hong Kong students, this book has an excellent section
on report writing with example reports.